Saturday, February 10, 2007

Another trip to my least favorite place...

So when faced with the following dilemma, I made the wrong choice.

Dilemma:
Go to Wal-Mart which is less than 5 miles from my house to get detergent
-OR-
Go to Target which is aobut 15 miles away.

I opted for Wal-Mart and had the experience which will now begin my boycott of all Wal-Marts in the land.

Historically, WM is the one store that always has liquid Tide HE. Today they didn't. Having my emergency box of detergent at home, I decided that it wasn't a crisis, and would just pick up the blue fabric softener and head home. I'd visit Target tomorrow for a complete shopping trip and get the appropriate product then. No blue fabric softener...which I learned it Water Lily & Jasmine. Annoyed I grabbed the purple one - Vanilla & Lavender and prayed that it wouldn't be too girly.

I battle my way to the check out and go to pay with my debit card...on the screen is the following question: "Was the store clean today?" I literally burst out laughing. I selected "No" and was then allowed to continue with my transaction. Are they serious?

I get out to the parking lot and head to where I thought I'd parked. My car wasn't there. I'd remembered the butthead in a jalopy that had turned in front of me at the last minute stealing my spot. I head off to where I thought I'd ended up parking. My car wasn't there. I wandered around the parking lot for about 5 minutes until I found my car with the following thoughts running through my head:
-Did someone steal my car in the 10 minutes I was in the store?
-Are Kim1Champ's parking lot issues contagious?
-Did I really lose my car in the parking lot after only 10 minutes?
-(flash of the commercial where the old lady loses her car in the parking lot and relys on a recording device) Do I need to start recording where I park?
-How retarded do I look?!

Thankfully I found my car and returned home to write about my adventures at WM.

1 comment:

Queen B said...

I miss the white trash Jenn series. I can't believe this post got no comments! Must have been before I was a faithful reader. I would surely have commented on a Walmart post!