Friday, June 3, 2011

Albertsons Trip

Spent: $62.91
Saved: $97.77

Pictured:
14.14 lb watermelon @ 0.39/lb
4 Athenos Greek Yogurts
4 boxes of popcorn*
2 bottles of paprika
Glad trash bags*
2 cans of enchilada sauce*
bottle of hot sauce*
4 pouches of Idahoan mashed potatoes
soft taco sized tortillas
Wacky Mac pasta
Flipsides*
Flatbread crisps*
2 packages of Hormel Natural Choice lunchmeat
2 bags of Ore-Ida hashbrowns
1 bag of sweet potato fries
3 Yoplait yogurts
2 Coffeemate Creamers
2 Foster Farms Ground Turkey
6 bags of Sargento shredded cheese

Coupons/In-store Promos I used:
Buy 10 Kraft items, Save $5*
$0.75 peel off on the Flatbread Crisps
$1.00 off two spices
$0.75 off Mission product
$1.00 off Glad trash bags
$0.40 off Wacky Mac Pasta
Free Coffemate Creamer (2)
Buy 2 get 1 Yoplait yogurt free
$0.75 off Athenos Greek yogurt (2)
Free Ore-Ida Sweet Potato fries
$0.50 off Ore-Ida Potatos (2)
$3.30 off  Foster Farms Ground Turkey (2)
$2.00 off Hormel Lunchmeat (2)
$5 off $25 coupon for signing up for Albertsons email list
$1.00 off Doubler found on the back of the Albertsons Book of Savings mailer (the ones in store do not have the Doublers)

My "disclaimers"
-Yes, I have a coupon binder, no I do not bring it into the store with me. I go through the ads, make a list on an envelope, pull the coupons from my binder and sort them into the envelope for each store. I also try not to shop at the busy times as I am considerate of other shoppers...if you're behind me with only a few items you also get to go ahead of me if I have more than a few coupons.
-I almost never have more than 2 of the same coupon.
-I only buy stuff we actually use.
-I usually buy my produce at Henry's or Vons because other stores have a dismal selection of organics.
-I prefer to buy organic or natural products, however, I am very conscious about trying to eliminate any products containing high fructose corn syrup. (good bye Honey Maid graham crackers)
-One day, when my monkeys go to school, I would like to eliminate as much processed food as possible. Unfortunately, there's this thing called "time" that makes that less of a priority. I'd rather spend my time with them than in the kitchen for hours on end.

No comments: