Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy 9 Month Birthday!

Let's see, what's new since last month?

  • Size wise, they're about the same weight, though they are stretching out/their rolls are shrinking. I really need to measure them...it would help tremendously if I'd just put up a growth chart in their room...
  • Just about all of their 12 Month jammies and shirts have been boxed up. Ditto all of their baby socks.
  • Love their bouncers and morning walks in BOB.

Alex:
  • Gives High 5s pretty consistently now. Sometimes I'll get a High 10 in between bites when I'm feeding him...the kid loves his baby food, what can I say?
  • As for food, he prefers to be spoon fed the jars of pureed fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats. He'll eat anything we give him on a spoon. He can polish off a jar easily. He is not really a fan of teething biscuits, Cheerios, or rice puffs. He'll gnaw on fruit a bit, but only if he's in the mood.
  • Has his 2 bottom teeth..we'll be carving pumpkins to match for Halloween ;)
  • Stopped making smooshy face, but has become quite the ham for cameras
  • Will whine/fake cry when we take away something he wants or put him down when he wants to be held or if I leave the room and he wants to see me. He's a tad dramatic...definitely could be an actor when he grows up.
  • Has started showing interest in standing and holding himself up...walking, not so much
  • Frequently says "Ma", "Da", "Do" (dog), "Uh oh" (used in the correct way...as in "uh oh, I just knocked something on the floor - for the 85th time")

Tony:
  • Is getting so good at "walking" while we hold his hands and trying to pull himself up/take off, that I've made the prediction that he'll be walking by Halloween/11 months
  • Scoots around sitting upright. I really need to get that on video...
  • NOTHING makes him laugh more than doggies. It's the most adorable thing!
  • Still just has his 2 bottom teeth
  • Says "Ma-Mom" to everything...we're working on narrowing it down to just me...we're pretty much just down to those he loves most - me, Striker, Oskar, etc. He also babbles/yells pretty constantly. He also smacks his hands for emphasis...he's very passionate ;)
  • Would rather feed himself. Not a fan of being spoon fed, especially not meats or grains...he will however, eat, gnaw, bash into his tray: teething biscuits, bagels, puffs, Cheerios, whatever else I plop on his tray.

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Congrats on getting the ma's and dads early, I didn't mama until after Sydney was a year...dada came much earlier.

Queen B said...

I often give high 10s when I eat, too ;)

Jane said...

happy 3/4