Sunday, December 18, 2011

3AM Ramblings of a Crazy Pregnant Lady

I've been itching to start blogging more than just weekly updates and milestone posts for the boys. And thus, at 3AM when I find myself suddenly wide awake and obsessed with developing and preparing my "when I'm in labor" plan, I'm blogging (from my phone, in bed). I'm not sure why at not quite 32 weeks this is suddenly so important, but perhaps it's a combo of the fact that: I have twin 2 year olds, I've had experience with my water breaking and have somewhat extreme anxiety over that happening again while I am alone with the boys and out in public, I will need multiple contingency plans based on time & day and availability of those best equipped to take care of the boys while mommy, daddy, and grandparents, aunts, and uncles are likely to be at the hospital waiting to meet Jill, I am a list maker and planner by nature and I know that once I have this all written down and communicated to parties involved, I will not worry about it anymore, oh and since I had the boys at 36.5 weeks, I can't quite adjust my head from planning for the worst, but working towards the best (40 weeks), oh and there's the variability of my hospital stay based on the type of delivery...oh geez...maybe I'm not that crazy for wanting to purge all this stuff from my head!

Now that I've written all of that, I realize that I have already had some level of communication with those that will potentially care for the boys and discussed basic plans. Anything else can be worked out as it happens since there are far too many variables. The boys and my car will remain together for whomever ends up watching the boys since it contains carseats and stroller. Along with that obviously goes the keys to both house and car. Potential caretakers are already familiar with the boys needs/routines and/or twin parents themselves (and have ridiculously offered to help out as needed...I seriously have great friends). Plus, there is this super great thing called technology which allows for constant communication (hospital policy whatever...I am going to be a much less of a rule follower this time...I am not new to this rodeo). :) So really, all I need to do now is ensure that there is food stocked in my house for the boys, that their clothes are organized so that friend caretaker can grab what is needed in addition to the bag I will be packing and stashing in my car with approximately 24 hours worth of clothes and diapers, plus a picture of the items required for bedtime (2 Cliffords for Alex, Kitty & Doggy for Tony, 2 bedtime sippy cups, fish tank nightlight, and sound machine).

Ok, I feel better now. :)  I just need to get my level 1 responder to commit to keeping her cell phone actually nearby and to audibly receive ringtones from calls from me at all hours of the day or night. Because when it is time, I will actually be making phone calls...in addition to Facebook status and text alerting.

Back to sleep!

2 comments:

Sara said...

It will all work out! Here is what I have learned about plans - they rarely go the way you think when it comes to things that you have no control over ;) no need to stress, you'll master it when it comes! If you don't have the boys' clothes organized in time, I'm sure people could just buy them a new outfit at Target. See, it all works out :)

KFuj said...

Scott's phone is always on, call anytime. One of us can come stay with the boys if it's in the middle of the night. I agree with Sangria Smiles (I love that btw) plans don't always go as planned, but help rest a thoughtful mind. I had planned for my water to break at home in bed, no suck luck. Everything will go smoothly and everyone will be fine! You have a ton of great friends that are willing to help anytime a day, just call us/ ask us!