Saturday, April 11, 2009

Took My Mom to Lunch

....at Costco! She needed to get chili powder and sliced apples. My aunt came too and together they spent $160! (I managed to get out of there spending only $113).

My mom was most impressed that she actually could eat lunch walking around Costco....apparently she thought it was an urban legend or something.

There was an incident with the sliced pineapple. Let's just say it's the item perched precariously on top of the cart near my mom's elbow and that it occurred shortly after I took this photo. ;)

5 comments:

Queen B said...

Sigh. How is it that I just don't comprehend the magic of Costco?

Paula said...

I went to Sam's about a 1/2 hour too early yesterday....all of the cooked samples weren't ready yet. But I tasted some really good chicken salad!
Sorry about the pineapple!

Jane said...

I love feeding my children there :)

Kim Thomas said...

Yep, you can eat lunch at Costco for 1200 calories. Love it!

Andrea said...

Paula - If you arrive early, you just circle around determine where all the good spots are going to be, then kill time by digging through the piles of clothes or "trying" out the computers.