Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Confessions of a Starbucks Addict

Ever since I discovered that I could buy $100 of Starbucks gift cards for only $80 at Costco, I've pretty much been going to Starbucks every morning on my way to hell...I mean...work. The Christmas cups make me happy and a little caffeine never hurts anyone!

Disclaimer to the hubby: please stop reading here. Don't say I didn't warn you.

For the last few weeks, my early morning BBM buddies have heard me talk about my HSB sightings/encounters. What is HSB? HSB is my Hot Starbucks Boy. He works the drive-thru and just adds a little bit extra happiness to my morning. Not only is he HOT, but he's super nice and happy at such an early and unpleasant time of day. He strikes up short conversations that aren't the canned questions all of the baristas ask.

About a week ago, I decided that HSB was going to marry my sistor. I began to stalk him - oops, I mean gather details about him. He works irregular morning shifts and appears to be of college age. His name is Adam. When he's not in his Starbucks attire I imagine he's surfer/clean cut based on the haircut and leather bracelet he wears every day. Today he had on a wristband indicating that he had a fun night out last night and is of legal drinking age. I'm working up to the actual important stuff like are you single and would you like to marry my sistor?. :)

As previously mentioned, KFuj and I visit the same Starbucks. Until this morning, she had not had the pleasure of seeing HSB. I'll let her recap her first meeting with HSB in her comment (which she's just itching to write!).

The best part about HSB? He properly aligns your cup for you!

9 comments:

Queen B said...

omg, we better be careful. Kim may want to marry him in order to get perfectly aligned drinks every morning!

I can't wait to see how this story unfolds.

Captain Will said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Will said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KFuj said...

First- Striker you were told to stop reading, hehe.

My first experince with HSB, this morning I was welcomed to SB by a very friendly voice. When I arrived at the window, Adam's cute face met me with a smile. He gave me a survey and asked if I knew what to do? I lied and said no so I could look at his pretty face. Jenn Ann has told me so much about him I feel like I already have had the pleasure to meet him. He gave me my survey and drink and wished me a good day!!
The things I do for attention from HSB!
He also made my day by correctly aligning my sleeve, cup, and drinking hole!
I hope he married Lil Dahl. I'm going to get up each morning so I can get to know him and hopefully ask him out for Lil Dahl :-)

Anonymous said...

What are you going to do when this HSB becomes your HBIL...? Hot Brother in Law. Are you going to continue stalking him? Just wondering. Hey Lil'Dahl... if it doesn't work out with you and HSB... ummm I am single and boy do I love Starbucks! E.H.W.

Paula said...

This is soo funny! I attempted to do something similar for my lil brother and the HUKG (Hot UK Girl) who had season tix behind me. I hope your story goes better than mine!!! I finally got my bro to come to the game to meet her...the exact same game she brought some total jerk to the game that she was moving to NJ to live with.

Jane said...

I too love the costco cards. i have decided a better deal than the Star program.

Adam and sistor sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g

Drinking coffee in front of H C B C

Kim Thomas said...

Newsflash Jane: You can combine the starbucks cards with the gold card and save even more

Now, I want o know which location this is

Kim Thomas said...

the word verification on this is untation, at a glance I read urination.