Sunday, November 16, 2008

FIRE! We are fine!

Despite news reports, we are at least 5 miles away from any of the fires. Our house is pretty much in the middle of the nice flat Chino Basin. However, 2 people on my team at work have been evacuated - one in Chino Hills and another in Anaheim Hills. Pictures do not do justice for what we have witnessed. Last night we could see flames all along the ridges. I took some pictures with my fancy camera and telephoto lens which I will post later. Most of the freeways are open this morning so we are no longer shut off from the southeast.

7 comments:

Bianka said...

The air is very stinky today.

KFuj said...

How ever today freeways are closed, again so we are stuck. So we are watching tv. While Mr. KFuj and Striker go play golf.

Kim Thomas said...

The air is stinky! Glad you are okay.

Queen B said...

keep us posted :(

Paula said...

Glad to hear. I was worried for you and Kfuj (she lives there too right?).

Andrea said...

Glad you are all good!

Jane said...

I found out about the fire when Paula texted me to find out if you were ok. I need to start watching the news