Tuesday, September 20, 2011

#3 - Week 19

So, #3 is a GIRL! This makes me happy because it explains why I was so sick this time and wasn't with twin boys. It also explains why I have a rear end this time (at least that's why I'm telling myself...there is no other explanation that makes any sense...except for maybe the fact that I'm not sitting on it all the time).

Striker and I had planned to keep her name a secret until she was born...and that lasted only a few hours until we told my sister in exchange for getting to see her and Shades' wedding bands. She knew the boys' names before they were born, so it wasn't a big deal. And then...within a few days, we just decided that it wasn't worth being hassled by everyone wanting to know NOW, so we decided to start telling people. We are set on her name and it'll be nice to be able to refer to her and her stuff by name so that the boys can start to understand that things belong to her. So, without further ado, her name is Jillian Annaliese. Jillian is a Jenn/Striker's real name combo. Annaliese is a name that Striker suggested and is a combo of Ann and Elise. Elise is short for Elizabeth and three out of our four grandmothers had either first or middle names of Elizabeth. And of course, we went with the German spelling. And like Anton, there is a song "Annaliese"...hopefully Alex doesn't get a complex that he doesn't have a song. She will also have the same initials that I do, which will make her both J.A.K. and Jill! She's probably gonna hate us for that at some point...better start saving for her therapy.

For comparison, Pregnancy #1, week 19 +1 day

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Alex!

Sara said...

I'm confused. I totally thought you were going with Jingjing Aileen....