Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pressure!!

I want to live up to the excellent blogging of Kim1Champ and Queen B, but feel somewhat limited in topics. Blogging about work is a no no, and that is a good 50% of my entire existance. My commute is no longer unrealistic and there are a few other topics that I can't write about as this is a public blog...

So that leaves me with housebreaking my dog for the third time. Here's a tip...don't get a puppy if there's any chance you'll be moving in the next 5 years. My dog is going to be 3 in September and he's lived in 3 houses with a significant amount of time spent visiting at my aunt and uncle's. The only place he's 100% housebroken is at my aunt's. At home he's 100% pee on pads and about 10% poop on puppy pads. My dog is smart, smart dogs tend to be stubborn. He knows what he's doing when he refuses to go pee in the garage like we want him to in the new house, and he knows what he's doing when he poops in various locations throughout the new house. Case in point - today I come home from work and find to poop deposits. One is smack in the middle of my new area rug, and the other is inches away from the puppy pads that we are slowly inching to the garage door. The fact that the dog figured out which room was the kitchen and wanted to pee there indicates that he is fairly intelligent for a dog. The fact that he REFUSES to pee in the garage indicates that he is stubborn.

I'm off until Monday so I will be using the next 4 days to train the little poop head - wish me luck!

Queen B, can I send my little poop head up to spend some time with your little angels? 14 hours is quite the impressive feat!

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, my cat found his litter box in the garage and started using it promptly the day we moved in.

3 comments:

Bianka said...

I notice cats tend to be smarter about where to poop than dogs do. (Or is it just cuz they are snobbier and don't want the stench in the air?)

Kim Thomas said...

Housebreaking animals sucks big time!

Now, here is the thing my entire existance is work so it is definitely possible to find topics that are not work related. I am going to repost my list of the 22 reasons I have blog material.

Queen B said...

Ha, yes, send your puppy to me. What kind of dog is it? Mine will be happy to teach yours how to use the litter box :)