Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's Yellow....

And my uncle loves it! He's currently in Reno, which is apparently the only place on the planet that still sells Home Pride Wheat bread. My uncle has the palate of a 4 year old and exclusively eats meat, potatoes, and bread, bologna sandwiches with plain Ruffles, and occasionally Italian food as long as it's pretty much just sauce and pasta or lasagna.

For as long as I can remember he's used Home Pride Wheat as his bread of choice. About a year and a half ago, they stopped selling it in California. This created a family emergency, resulting in a blind taste test of every similar type of wheat bread on the market. We helped him find a substitute he could tolerate, but it just isn't the same.

Every time he makes a trip to Reno he brings home as much bread as he can carry and freezes it. It's a really good thing that bread is not a forbidden carry-on item! Maybe he'll comment now that I've given him his very own post?

3 comments:

Queen B said...

I don't know. Anyone who goes for wheat bread over Mrs. Bairds white bread has a more refined palate than the boys who live in my house.

Kim Thomas said...

I would sweat that they still have Home Pride at my Vons. I'm checking.

Jane said...

Reno=yellow