Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Favorite Deal & Coupon Sites

I've been requested to share my coupon "secrets"...so here you go:

There are a few deal blogs that I follow...you can subscribe to their RSS feeds, or add them to your Google Reader, or "Like" them on Facebook...if you're just getting started, or not a mom, I'd start with just the first 2-3:
Hip2Save
Southern Cali Saver
A Coupon Chick
Money Saving Mom
Cheap Mama Chick

I watched and waited the deal sites to get a year's subscription to the Sunday LA Times (just for all of the ads and coupons) for $10. Wait for it...it'll likely come around again. In the meantime, just print your coupons.

Printable Coupon Sites:
www.coupons.com
www.redplum.com
coupons.target.com (can be stacked with manufacturers!)

I'd also recommend visiting the websites or Facebook pages for your favorite/expensive items to see if you can find any coupons before making your purchase.

You can be a dork like me and create a coupon binder which I have sheet protectors for each store or category of coupons...organization is key to help you stack them and maximize your savings.

Lastly, Groupon is my friend...check it out, sign up, and wait for deals on places or activities you want to try.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

wow! we are so not sharing a brain on this one ;) can I outsource you to coupon for me? Love the idea, am terrible in execution

Paula said...

Thanks! All new to me!
smartsource.com is a good one too

My friend Melissa is one of the website owner's of www.stockpilingmoms.com She has a coupon database where you can type in a product and it'll list all the current coupons for it and where they're at.

I search retailmenot.com for restaurants and stores before shopping for non-grocery things.