Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Full of Hot Air

We received a letter in the mail today from the State Government (on official letterhead with the Governor's name and everything) that is offering Striker and I: a check for $500, a comparable loaner car, pick up and return delivery to work or home, and a washed and vacuumed car with a full tank of fuel in exchange for letting them borrow our three and a half year old car for 1-3 weeks, put 100or so miles on it, and conduct testing related to air pollution.

Thoughts:
1) Isn't the State severely in debt, over budget, and in need of cutting unnecessary programs?
2) Assuming that it was somehow necessary to do our own testing in our own state, couldn't we use the fleet of vehicles owned by government employees?
3) I wonder what the total cost to the state is for testing just ONE vehicle and how many vehicles they test EACH YEAR. Yes, when I was looking this up online to confirm that it wasn't some sort of scam, I found that this program had been in place for at least 2 years. 
4) What do they actually DO with this information?
5) We are so going to do this!...I hope that I can convince Striker to go along with this...Yes! He's in  as long as I document the process on the blog as I did with the 2010 Census.

It should be noted that the postcard that I get to return indicating our interest is also postage paid. However I can fax, email, or submit our information online. Woo hoo!!! Maybe I'll do all four forms to ensure they know that we are interested...

I intentionally left out searchable terms for now as I don't want to hurt our chances of being selected.

Stay tuned...

No comments: