Tuesday, January 10, 2012

#3 - Week 35

What a difference a week makes...Jill's room is painted. Her crib arrived today. Her dressers should be here by the end of this week. Her curtains have been hung (though I do need to make a little modification to the valance). We had Grandma, Oma, Opa, and Auntie B over this weekend and they helped us knock out a 17 item to do list...plus watch the boys and do regular chores. So instead of feeling like a procrastinator, I'm going with "working well under pressure"...or efficient. Yeah, efficient, I like that better. 

I am measuring right on schedule, maybe a few days ahead. Since the measurement is done while lying down, I can only say that for those of you who repeatedly ask me if I'm sure I'm only 35 weeks, gravity is a not nice thing, and I had two good sized twins 2 years ago so my skin and ligaments are all very stretchy. 

However, Jill is no longer pleased with the amount of space she has, and thus kicks my ribs all the time. When I do something ridiculous like sit on the floor to play with her brothers, she'll sort of maneuver into a transverse position, then when she has more room she wiggles back to head down to kick my ribs (again, things are all very stretchy...just not anymore vertical space). Tonight, Alex elbowed her accidentally while trying to snuggle with me on the couch, and then she threw an elbow back, followed by a few kicks for good measure. Alex was looking at the belly, saw all the action and was completely amazed. Great moment in siblingdom. 

Enjoy them while they last, pregnancy #1, week 35 (only ONE more comparison photo left!):

1 comment:

Sara said...

hee hee :) she sounds like a handful already!

Definitely go with "efficient" - that's what I say!