Thursday, January 12, 2012

Best Thing I Bought This Year: Sterilite Sorting Hampers

I realize that it's only the 12th, but this also might be one of the top 5 things I've ever purchased for our house.

The Sterilite Sorting Hampers are FANTASTIC!

  • They are made in the USA
  • Hold one loads' worth of clothes
  • Fit underneath the door clearance of the washer & dryer on pedestals
  • Are super easy to carry (check out those handles...no breaking nails!)
  • They work superbly with my new laundry schedule!


I bought 6 of these. One for the boys clothes, and 5 for our room: whites, blacks, grays/tans, colors, and jeans. (Yes, I need one more for Jill now). This is just how our loads sort out and how I was washing them anyway. Now I just don't have to spend time sorting or bending over a million times. I can also get rid of all of the random hodge podge of hampers/laundry baskets that never seemed to get emptied due to my avoidance of actually folding clothes. The hamper follows its load from dirty to clean and then makes it easy/motivating to fold a quick load so I can put the hamper back in the closet. I will only keep one regular laundry basket to use for linens on the days I do those.

Once I organize our closest and remove all of the maternity clothes after Jill gets here, they will fit nicely at the bottom under the hanging stuff. I also plan to bust out the Cricut and some vinyl and label them.

Sadly, Sterilite does not have a Facebook page :(

2 comments:

She sings with bees. said...

Not sure if you knew yet, but THEY DO NOW! Sterilite on FB! :D

Abby in Ohio said...

Thank you for the recommendation! I just ordered a set of six for my own family.