Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Normal" & "Boring"

I finally surfaced and updated my Brain Blog. I'm calling myself normal (as normal as one can be with a titanium plate/screen and a 7 inch scar surrounded by sexy "boy hair" aka an inside out mohawk) and boring (as boring as someone who keeps a blog that people either comment on or demand that I post on regularly via angry/impatient phone calls). No symptoms, no limitations, I just feel WONDERFUL!

I'm so tired from my eventful week! I will summarize, which will also explain where I've been and why I haven't blogged.

Monday was the MRI and doctor's appointment in CO. After missing the earlier flight by about 30 minutes, we had to wait about 3 hours until our scheduled flight. Then it got delayed. Indefinitely. It was the last flight to Ontario of the day. This is when my mom got a wee bit snippy. This is when I was glad my mom had already enjoyed 2 Absolut and Diets. This is when I began to wish I'd had a few adult beverages of my own. End result? We got home about 45 minutes later than we were supposed to after the pilot found us another plane. Screaming children on the plane prevented us from napping.

Tuesday was my first day back at work. Thankfully there were three things to brighten my morning: 1) Starbucks Christmas Cup, 2) Mariah Carey, Merry Christmas CD in my car, 3) It was absolutely clear and beautiful - not a cloud or smog in sight (unless I looked toward Downtown LA). I got very little accomplished as I had visitors in my office all day. The hubby sent me an Edible Arrangement with chocolate covered apples - how could that not make the fact that I was at work at least a little better? Thanks Bunny! The infamous EHW took me shopping so that I could prove to the FIDM graduate that I'm difficult at best to shop for - not impossible, just VERY difficult!

Wednesday was a full day of meetings part 1, followed by the company holiday dinner with karaoke. Primary thought throughout the day? WHY CAN'T I FIND ANY WATER?! There was one pitcher of water on a table with 7-8 people for a 4 hour meeting - SERIOUSLY?! I could have drank the whole thing myself!

Thursday was day of meetings part 2. Thankfully they ended early so I got an almost two hour lunch with the infamous Rachel and caught up on my work so that I could leave at a decent hour and come home to blog - priorities people :)

8 comments:

Leaky said...

I was getting worried there for a few days... I needed a fix... I was starting to have convulsions and panic attacks!

Glad to hear you are feeling wonderful!

Kim Thomas said...

I must say that I am surprised that Rachel could take a 2 hour lunch. I never get her for more than an hour.

Teri said...

I was so worried. Whew

Ann said...

Glad it was a success!
I love that you get Rachel for two hours, and Kim can only get her for one!

Anonymous said...

WHATEVER!

Anonymous said...

You're back!!!!! I missed you daily observations.

Queen B said...

YAY for normalcy! Welcome back, you were obviously missed!

Jane said...

I cant wait to see blogs back in the office!