Saturday, December 1, 2007

Rainy Day Tradition

Sometime last year I made it a tradition at work to go to Claim Jumper for lunch and have a Baked Potato Cheddar Sourdough Bowl on rainy days. That's pretty much all of my favorite foods rolled into one unhealthy meal - but since it rarely rains in Southern California, it's not exactly diet ruining.
It rained pretty much all day yesterday, but I wasn't "at" work. Yet I wanted a bread bowl badly!!! So the hubby and I went to CJ for dinner and I was not disappointed. BTW, Kudos to CJ for having tropical iced tea (the only "flavored" tea I'll drink) and house salads that come with more than just lettuce, croutons, and dressing.

One thing that we both noticed early on was that our server was just a tad too happy to be working on a rainy Friday night. Like seriously, annoyingly, happy. We had great service though, and I was so happy to be eating my bread bowl, that we were able to overlook the annoyance of her perkiness. Then she brought our bill, which pretty much spoke for itself...

5 comments:

Queen B said...

LMAO! that is WAY too much perkiness for someone working on a Friday night.

Anonymous said...

CJ sourdough bowl YUMMO!!! I love those especially filled with clam chowder. I'll have to try the tropical iced tea.

Ann said...

LMAO! I would've turned into the 'Tip Nazi': No tip for you! That's just too perky!

I do love CJ, though! YUMMY!

Jane said...

The Best Bread Bowls ever are at the Zion Center on South Temple Street in Salt Lake. Claim Jumper is a close second you gorgeous girl

Kim Thomas said...

I went to CJ for dinner last night too! I had a salad and French Onion Soup, no bread bowl.