Thursday, December 27, 2007

Two Sisters Eat Yams

Not that it's too surprising, but in other Rachel Made Me Do This news, the Dahl sisters tried yams on Christmas...and loved them!!! After the Evans sisters tried the yams at Thanksgiving and loved them, I decided I needed to give them a try. I intended to try them at Thanksgiving, but it was just a bunch of chunks of sweet potato in a dish...no brown sugar anywhere...I just couldn't do it!

Since I was cooking Christmas dinner, I looked for a recipe that had lots of brown sugar and pecans and found one I thought might have just the right amount of "yummage".

And then it was time for the moment of truth:
Sweet potato goodness on the right, and cheesy potatoes on the left (also an experiment and a hit!).

Nicole went first...

And she LOVED them! I was still skeptical since she likes sushi, but I LOVED them. She wants me to make sweet potatoes for her in lieu of a birthday cake. YAY!

8 comments:

Queen B said...

you and Kim should make a list of 22 new things you have tried this year. Y'all became quite adventurous!!! Muy impressed!

Jane said...

Cheesy potatoes in the Young family are funeral potatoes. This is a source of contention for the Evans sisters but thought I would bring you into the inner circle.

Anonymous said...

Yum,where'd you find the cheesy potato recipe??

Anonymous said...

YOu know, I tried yams by accident and wound up loving them. I was at Boston market and I ordered the mac and cheese as a side dish. I guess some of the sweetened yams spilled into the mac and cheese because I tasted something sweet,realized it was the yams. Let me say that they were delish thanks to the brown sugar and marshmallow topping.

Ann said...

I like yams, but I'm a bigger fan of the cheesy potatoes. And they're not funeral potatoes in my family. :o)

Kim Thomas said...

Given the two......

I would go with Grandma's Potatoes (AKA Funeral Potatoes) any day of the week

HOWEVER

I had Yams on Christmas too....and they were good again. I am so proud of the Dahl Sisters.

WHO KNEW????????

Pickle said...

MMMM I love Yams. I make the best yams ever!

Bianka said...

I dare you to really make them for her birthday and stick candles in them!!