Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fifty Nifty United States

In 5th grade I learned a song to remember the names of all the states. It annoys the hubby to no end when I occasionally break into a rendition whenever the mood strikes me.

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgina, Washington, West Virgina, Wisconsin, Wyoming!

States I've visited are in bold. Total as of today: 19 Total planned by the end of the summer: 21

How many have you been to?

9 comments:

Captain Will said...

Nice map! Where'd you get it?

Queen B said...

20. Love that song! I was singing it while readings through your list :)

Jinjer said...

25 so far. Great song!

Kim Thomas said...

The best song ever, annoys David too. If I give you a list of my states can you make a map for me?

Anonymous said...

I remember singing that and "Proud to be an American" in the 5th grade! Only been to CA,NV,TX,AZ,and through NM.

Ann said...

That's very cool. I've visited 32.

Paula said...

wow! Now I want to do one to see how many for me!!

Jane said...

I have been to all but Alaska.

I sing this same song but always forget order at Indiana.

Jenn Ann said...

I want to be like Jane when I grow up :)