Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why I carry a purse MOST of the time

Knowing that I would be spending most of last Saturday with the anti-purse portion of the HCBC, I willingly complied with their anti-purse lifestyle to avoid being taunted for my Coach purse.



I traveled light and stuck only my chapstick, drivers license, debit card, and Mr. Pearl in various pockets of my jeans.

Sometime Saturday night (possibly during our Wal-Mart Adventure?) the corner of my debit card became bent so bad that it was no longer usable. When I tried to buy stuff at Target on Monday, it was spit back at me and declared not readable. Thankfully I'd returned to my purse carrying habit and had an alternate method of payment.

I ordered a new card from WaMu (which I promptly received only 2 days later!) and vowed that I'd stick with purses unless I was somewhere with the hubby. Hubby's make great purses :)

5 comments:

Queen B said...

I went to Chinatown today and was checking out purses. It was easy to just say no when I've gotten so used to not carrying one :) even when the lady knocked the Prada one down to $59.99...

Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing and hubby's do make great purses!

Auntie

Kim Thomas said...

This is just because you are a no purse rookie....

the anti-purse portion of the HCBC-RO!

Jinjer said...

I am the for-purse portion of the HCBC and I say good decision :)

Jane said...

Ok debit cards go in the bra, not the pockets