Friday, October 17, 2008

A Flat Tire and A Roller Skate

After arriving home from Dream Dinners (with Rachel) last night around 9:00 PM, I parked in front of my house and started taking my cooler out of the back of my car, then I heard a ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss noise. Here is what I saw:


That's right, a massive leak in my tire and everything was already closed for the night, so I knew that it would look like this by morning (yep, it did):

I have a slight panic attack and BBM KFuj because she's usually pretty creative and knows the area we live in better than I. Her FABULOUS solution? Loaning me her "roller skate" (as she affectionately refers to her Focus), so that I can get to work Friday morning and deal with the flat on Saturday. (Special Thank you to Brent - her renter - who postponed trading in his second car, so that all of us would have a mode of transportation today.) How awesome are they?!


So glad that I am mobile (and mobiley), I stop for my morning Starbucks and am BBMing my gratitude to KFuj for filling up her roller skate with a full tank before bringing it over to me, when she notices that I am the car behind her in the drive thru. (It's a Small World after all...)
THANK YOU KFUJ's AND BRENT!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! I AM SO GLAD WE ARE NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kat is a really great freind!

Jinjer said...

That rocks. Love the "skate"!! HATE flat tires!

Queen B said...

Great job, kfuj! Stupid question: why didn't you just use the spare?

KFuj said...

Ant time, that is what friends are for!!

KFuj said...

oops that should be anytime :-)

Jane said...

This could be a kids novel

Kim Thomas said...

You, me and Jane have all had flats in the last 4 months.