Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Greatest Bowling Match EVER! Part 2

When Vince Wood received a phone call at the bowling alley shortly after Part 1 was posted, I was certain that it was Queen B calling to heckle him. While she denies this claim, I have my suspicions.

A small crowd gathered around to watch Vince bowl and when after 4 strikes in a row, he got an 8 count, one of the gentleman said, "He missed. That's a surprise!" I was not heartbroken.

Game 1: Striker - 215 Vince Wood - 267

Game 2: Striker - 246 (thanks to a ball change) Vince Wood - 246

Side note: Vince Wood is a smoker.

I wonder if Vince Wood ever Googles himself and if my blog would come up? I wonder what happens if I Google Vince Wood? I think we all should try it ; )

Game 3: Striker - 224 Vince Wood - 236

During the third game Striker and Will bonded over their Moreno Valley connection. Vince now lives in Palm Springs. Then Vince brought in the big guns. No not some fancy equipment, food. And not just any food, Striker's choice of bowling cuisine, Chicken Fingers and Fries.

Game 4: Striker - 226 Vince Wood - 201

By now it is WAY past my bedtime and after 11:00 PM. I can barely keep my eyes open despite partaking in a little Dr. Pepper. The good news is that I will get to sleep in the car on the way home. The even better news is that I have captured some GREAT blog material which had better generate some great comments! If not, at least I can cross "Witness a Striker vs. Vince Wood Showdown" off my To Do List.

Pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

Queen B said...

wow!

well, now we know to get Striker his chicken fingers before the first game :)

If Vince Wood ever googles "Evil Vince Wood" we're in trouble :)

Kim Thomas said...

I called and heckled him...

Paula said...

Wow!! Pretty good games!! Go get 'em Striker!
Boo Hiss Vince!

Jinjer said...

Go Striker! Wow, those numbers are impressive. Next time, the HCBC should meet there and bring Striker chicken fingers!!