Monday, April 19, 2010

Out the Door in 17 Minutes

Striker bowled a Qualifier last night, and since it was going to be a quick 5 games and last until right before bedtime, I decided to take the boys down to watch.

We ate dinner right before Striker had to leave (and I had a small incident with crushed red pepper, but hey, I cooked!), so we were BBMing back and forth right after he left. Because of this, I have an excellent time stamped log of my departure sequence.

When Striker got ready to leave he: gulped down some tap water (oh yes, desperate AND out of milk), searched for some gum, kissed the family good bye and was out the door.

While I was feeding Tony after he left (not included in my departure sequence), I sent him the following BBM at 5:37 PM:
I have to dress them (they were wearing only onesies, and needed pants and socks), crib them (both move WAY too much to be left unattended anymore), change my shirt, back out car (it was in the garage, where the furries stay when we aren't home), throw out furries (they lost house privileges when unsupervised), bring up carriers (easiest to load the boys into their carseats upstairs and carry them down in them), insert rug rats (that'd be my adorable children), load car (twinfants, diaper bag, purse). We exchanged a few additional BBMs until 5:40, so I know that I was still sitting in my glider feeding Tony.

The Qualifier started at 6 with about 10 minutes of practice and was about 15-20 minutes away.

At 5:52, I had completed the first 3 items on my list. At 5:57, I was out the door and on the road. We arrived there at 6:17. I'm pretty sure this is my new personal best. Of course I'm also likely to now start timing myself on a regular basis. ;)

BTW Striker bowled really well...1201 for 5 games, or an average of 240. Go Striker! Finals are next Sunday.

4 comments:

Paula said...

That is awesome!! What will you do when cribbing them isn't an option? (Luckily you've got at least a year before that happens) I just cant imagine what it's going to be like!

Jenn Ann said...

Once they are mobile, I'll have my childproofed "holding tank" room downstairs which will help when the crib/pack n play is no longer an option. It'll also be "easier" (yeah right) loading when they can stand/walk. Basically, I'm never parking in my garage again as long as the furries get shut in there. Sigh.

Kim Thomas said...

Way to go Jenn and Striker

KFuj said...

Yes, parking in the garage and leaving is an issue, not to mention doing it alone. Way to go in 17 minutes!!