Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy 4 Month Birthday!!!

It's amazing how much these little boys continue to grow each month!!! I love going back and reading my post from the previous month before I write the current one.

This month we went to several parks - with our MoMs club, for a birthday party, and just for fun with Striker and Lil Dahl. Tony loves being outside, Alex, not so much. We went to lunch with Striker several times during the week and made a few visits inside his work to flirt with everyone. Seriously, these boys are going to be T.R.O.U.B.L.E. We saw the whole family on Easter (that'll be a separate post with lots of pictures as soon as I upload them...the card reader is in my laptop and I'm on the regular computer...amazing I know!).

The boys are putting their hands and all sorts of things in their mouths. They both are constantly laughing at Mommy (apparently I'm both hysterical and a great singer to them...they'll soon realize what the rest of you have, let me enjoy this while it lasts), and regularly "talk" (babble) to whomever will listen and have just started to FINALLY acknowledge each other and even "talk" to each other a bit. They both had an instance in the last few weeks where they were so cute I almost cried. Yes, I who NEVER cries have almost been brought to tears twice because MY children were laughing with me and talking to me. (There will be a lengthier, sappy explanation coming in 2 days to this here blog. Wait for it...)

Alex:
-LOVES sleeping - the kid sleeps through the night and naps often and for a good amount of time.
-Is halfway to playing Peek-a-boo - he pulls the blanket, or his bib, over his face...then leaves it there...we're working on this ;)
-Is almost sitting - in about a week of practicing with me, he can now almost sit up unassisted without falling over. He can't pull himself up yet, but if you sit him somewhere, he pretty much stays put. This is a HUGE help when I'm by myself with them.
-Likes watching both baseball (YAY!) and basketball on TV. How the kid decided to like basketball is BEYOND me, though I'm blaming a certain March Madness fan. I would rather clean the house than watch basketball. He also "watches" Jeopardy and Judge Alex...he might just be into shows with people named Alex.




Tony:
-HATES sleeping with every ounce of his being. He will fight and fight and fight and then just pass out. Yep, just as I predicted. I can't wait for him to be mobile so I can catch him passed out in random places.
-Quit the pacifier a few weeks ago, and just recently decided to refuse a bottle...looks like I'm not going anywhere without him for the next few months...darn ;)
-may be a swimmer...rather than working on sitting, he works on kicking his legs like a swimmer...look out Michael Phelps!
-Likes watching hockey, baseball and commercials...Mommy has begun to make a better effort of keeping the TV off during the day now that they are playing more.
-I'm predicting he'll be the first to roll over, though might skip crawling. He gets frustrated if he has to sit still too long. Perhaps we'll call him the Energizer Bunny?

I can't wait to see what the next month brings...I'm guessing an even longer birthday post? ;)

4 comments:

KFuj said...

I love you sons they flirt so well!! They are happy all the time and love to check out new places. I can't wait for Kyle to learn and play with them.

Paula said...

Call him what you want, I them Cutie-Patootie 1 and Cutie-Patootie 2!!!

Jane said...

Love these close up flights!

Kim Thomas said...

great pics!!!!

Cracks me up that they watch tv, they so need praise baby