Tuesday, April 13, 2010

While Grandma's On Vacation...

This week my mom is on vacation with my aunt and uncle in Lake Tahoe. She usually comes over after she gets off work everyday at about 3:30 and stays until Striker gets home or the boys are in bed (whichever happens first). She plays with the boys and runs around like a crazy person helping with the daily and sometimes weekly chores. She gives me a break to shower (or some days just to eat) and makes it possible for Striker to bowl and not have me execute the bedtime routine solo. In other words, she's the glue that keeps us functioning at a rather efficient level...and she's on vacation...all week...and Striker works this Friday...

Needless to say, I have been having mini panic attacks as we'd been counting down to solo week, but had been trying to play it cool so Grandma wouldn't worry. I mean LOTS of people do this without help. I could at least survive the week.

Monday- The boys and I stayed in our jammies all day. After not sleeping well the prior few nights I was committed to getting them back into a routine, which we managed to do. Oskar was a pill. Striker got home late after I sent him to run a few errands (because I stayed in my jammies all day) and picked up dinner which we scarfed down before putting the boys to bed without baths. Grade for the day: C

Today- I took a shower before Striker got ready for work. We survived the 7AM jackhammering. I ate breakfast. The boys took an AM and PM 30 minute nap with a LONG 2 hour nap midday. I ate lunch. I wasted WAY too much time waiting for them to wake up. I ate a snack. Striker worked a few minutes late. He came home and played with the boys while I made tacos for dinner. We ate. We gave the boys baths and put them to bed. They stayed down. I did a load of laundry. Striker did the dishes. I did a few other things I'd been meaning to do for awhile. Striker went to bed before 10. Grade for the day: A+!!!

We miss Grandma, but Mommy and Daddy can do this!

3 comments:

Queen B said...

LOL. that's good to find out :)

KFuj said...

I'm sure the dudes miss grandma too!

Kim Thomas said...

Life without grandma sucks