Friday, April 16, 2010

Playoff Hockey & Sleep

The Kings are in the playoffs for the first time in 8 years and they're playing the Canucks in the first round, so we allowed the boys to stay up last night and watch the first period with Striker. (A whole 30 minutes later than usual, don't judge.)

I have family in Vancouver (where the Canucks are from, for all you non-fans), and during the Winter Olympics "Tony" got into a little trash talking with my aunt on Facebook. Not surprisingly, this started up again when both teams made the playoffs. Sadly, the Kings lost in OverTime, but Striker and I almost always pull for the underdog in any sport. It's best of 7, so there are hopefully at least 4 games left;)

I was nervous that the extra half an hour of awake time would wreck havoc on nighttime sleep, but the boys both slept a solid 8 hours!

Go Kings Go!

6 comments:

Paula said...

adorable pick of your men. Love the studious one in the back ;-)

:corinne: said...

Hey Go Kings! I didn't know this. I've seen a few games in my day. But mostly roller hockey cuz my bro played. such cute pics of the boys. They are sooo chunky. Love it.

Jane said...

Great photo

Kim Thomas said...

"I was nervous that the extra half an hour of awake time would wreck havoc on nighttime sleep, but the boys both slept a solid 8 hours! "

RO RO

KFuj said...

I would pick sleep over watching the Kings ;-) I'm happy for you guys they made it this year, they have played hard, and deserve the chance. (Holy cow, that must be the drugs talking-jk)

KFuj said...

My comment didn't want to post, glad it finally did, how rude!