Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy 3 Month Birthday!

My little babies are starting to look like little boys...and yes, I realize that sounds ridiculous. I CANNOT believe how much they grew in a month!!! They are in 3-6 month clothes now and are in size 2 diapers. I again spent a good part of the weekend pulling out all of their "little" clothes and diapers and putting out all of their "big" stuff.

I had to take Tony to the doctor on Thursday and found out that he weighed 13 pounds 4 ounces, so I had to stop on the way home and get a baby scale. Alex weighs over 15 pounds!!! They were both just 8-9 pounds a month ago...can we say growth spurt? Tony also grew 3/4"!

Updates from their 2 Month Birthday post:

-We did take family photos on 2/12...while some of the prints have made it into their frames, none have made it on the wall yet, and I still need to buy a frame for the 10x13 print of the picture in the side bar. Goal is to get all of my recently purchased frames hung within the month. It's a planning thing so I don't put holes all over my walls.

-Changing table has been used several times and we're spending more time playing in their room. They are still sharing a crib in my bedroom as they got sick the weekend of the planned move which threw that idea out the window really quickly. Goal for this month is for them to start napping during the day in their room to get used to the change of scenery so it's an easier transition. Now that I've had 2 nights where they slept for 8 hours straight, I'm not really into disrupting what works. Other MoMs have assured me that letting them sleep diagonally and continue sharing the crib is normal ;)

-We celebrated our birthdays together today...the grandparents and aunts and uncles came over and we played Wii and ate and ate and ate. More on my birthday in a separate post.

Tony LOVES watching hockey on TV. It's the cutest thing to watch him enjoying a Kings game with his daddy. He also got into a little trash talking, with a certain Canadian Great Aunt of his, over the Olympic Hockey Games ;) He also enjoys walking up and down the upstairs hallway with his grandma and sitting on the "seat" she makes for him with her arm so that he is facing outward. His favorite pictures on the wall are the ones of Mommy and Daddy when we got engaged. I'm holding onto my belief that he's going to be the very independent child that never stops running around and playing until he just passes out mid-action. Just wait for the pictures of him asleep on his toys. He's pretty much quit his pacifier on his own already...this may change when he starts teething in a few months.
Alex LOVES his friends on the Snoopy mobile on their crib. He can lay there watching them, babbling, and kicking his legs for a VERY long time. He now watches me wherever I go...he's the total Mommy's Boy. He's also become extremely patient (possibly helped by his love of the Snoopy mobile) and will usually let me take care of his brother first without having a total meltdown - such a good big brother! Unfortunately he's also learned to project his spit up (sorry Grandma, he usually practices on you) and has mastered the art of spitting up as soon as I've changed him into a going out outfit, but before I put on a protective bib. Seriously. It never fails.

They have both started playing or at least being amused by toys. Both have pretty good head control now and flirt with Mommy in the morning. We've settled into a pretty regular routine which has helped keep us all happy. Neither of them really ever cry unless they're hungry or if they're bored. They are really good babies and we are EXTREMELY lucky!
Solo outings aren't a big deal, as we've made several. Planning and routine are key. In fact on the two occasions that Tony and I have gone to the doctor without Alex, I feel like I'm forgetting something the whole time. We're going to make more scheduled trips and playdates this month. We went to Chick-fil-A with Uncle Mr. KFuj (almost used his real name there!) on Friday and have decided to make it a regular date this month since it's green receipt month. We're bringing Striker with us this week and meeting up with one of the other MoMs and her girls that are also obsessed with Chick-fil-A. We'll be visiting Bianka and family on Wednesday and will be taking an updated Triple A picture (which reminds me that I need to bring ABBA's quilt). It's my goal to also be able to leave the house more spontaneously...in other words, I'll find ways to test myself to see how quickly I can get out of here without forgetting anything important.
I finally caught a good picture of Alex flirting this morning...will work on getting one of Tony. Check out Tony's lashes though!




















I love being Alex and Tony's Mom!

8 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

Wow this was a long post...

Ruth Anne said...

so cute.

Good luck with the sleeping. That is always a good milestone to reach.

Life is all about milestones. It's just at this age you can really see it.

Queen B said...

ooh, great update on the boys :) such cuties

Diane said...

They are adorable! I love that Alex is a Snoopy fan!

KFuj said...

Loved the update on the boys. I wish I didn't work on Friday. What a cutie pies you have!!

Paula said...

Jenn, they are growing so fast!! adorable little boys!!

Jane said...

These are my fav pics so far, Love that you can see their personilties through their eyes

Kim Thomas said...

I did research for my comment: in the 336 pics on facebook so far, these are my favorite.