Sunday, March 14, 2010

Diaper Critic

One of the greatest gifts my sister coordinated for my baby shower was asking guests to bring a pack of diapers in various sizes. We received a TON! In fact, Striker and I have not had to buy a single pack of diapers yet, and only in the last week or two, had to buy wipes for the first time.

All diapers are definitely not created equal, and I received quite a few comments on my Facebook status when I posted my disdain for Target diapers, so here is my opinion on the various brands of diapers we've used. Given the quantity we've changed in the last 3+ months, I feel qualified to review ;)

Listed in order of preference:
Huggies - Cream of the crop and everything that is right about a diaper...but you pay for it. Appreciate that they use Disney characters on them - love Mickey!
Kirkland - a close second to Huggies, and what we will be buying when we start purchasing them soon...sigh.
Pampers - this is what we used in the hospital, they're cheaper than Huggies, and what we received the most of. They put Sesame Street characters on them. Only downside is that they don't have the same coating on the outside that Huggies and Kirkland have so when full, you can feel moisture on the outside- not a fan of moisture.
Luvs - really thin, put Blues Clues on them, would not buy! Only use these during the day
Target - same as Luvs, but instead of Blues Clues they put blue and green polka dots ALL over them. Have an odd tissue paper quality about the edges and sides
Earth's Best-we used these very early on and we're not fans, though I don't remember exactly why.
WalMart-not a terrible diaper, buy it's thin and has really weird long stretchy tabs...and they're from Walmart, which means you'd have to go there


Wipes:
Huggies- perfect pop up dispensing, nice thick wipe, and they have a chemical/fragrance free variety
Kirkland- the only suitable alternative to Huggies and WAY cheaper this month with a coupon! Come wrapped in 100 wipe travel packs. Also chemical free.
Pampers- the THINNEST wipe on the planet! Otherwise, they're fine.
WalMart- they do NOT pop up. Deal breaker. I have 700 that we'll never use. Free to anyone that wants them, but I won't even regift them.

Is it odd that Striker has even stronger opinions on this subject? I didn't want to waste the substandard products, but he was quick to want to toss them immediately.

Sorry if you're reading this and purchased an "offender". I had no clue which I'd prefer and appreciated having the opportunity to try them all out!

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

I concur on all points although I havent tried Target or Walmart diapers.

The only thing Huggies has over Kirkland (imo) is the Disney characters-I love them. We use the Huggies nighttime diapers for Sydney because she is a huge drinker and Huggies Newborn because of the umbilical cord cut out but other than that it's usually Kirkland.

KFuj said...

All I can say is THANK YOU!! This is so helpful. I will be passing it along to all my preggo friends and friends with kids.

Paula said...

Great breakdown! None of my kids could wear Huggies...every style leaked out the leg-holes something terrible. I think it had to do with the shape of their bottoms....or lack thereof. ;-)