Monday, November 22, 2010

Crock Pot Chili

I'm pretty sure that Striker is sick of this recipe...but I could eat it all the time!

2 lbs. ground chuck (I use ground turkey)
1 cup chopped onion
1 green pepper, chopped
2 to 3 ribs celery, chopped
1 large (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 cans kidney or pinto beans, drained (I usually use one of each)
1 tsp. pepper
3 tsp. chili powder
hot pepper, to taste, cayenne
1 tsp. garlic salt

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain well. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours on LOW, or until done, (or until you remember to turn it off). :)

I usually throw a pan of Marie Callander's Cornbread in the oven and eat until I'm stuffed.

1 comment:

Captain Will said...

I never get sick of this recipe. Mmmmmmmmm....