Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Family Word Search

I've been looking for something to hang on the wall in our family room for a LONG time. After seeing a version of this artwork last week, I figured I could make it for WAY less. And make it a little more fancy. The almost completed result:



Materials:
20x20 Canvas - $6.50 (after a 50% off coupon at Michaels)
Ribbon - $0.33/spool and $2.50 for the "frame" ribbon
Paint - leftover from the boys' growth charts (did I ever post those?)
Letters - Cricut borrowed from KFuj, cartridge used for Alex & Tony's first birthday party invitations
Paper - In my "inventory"
Total: About $10

The $145 version can be found here.

I do need to get some glue to stick all the paper to the painted canvas, but then I'm done and this sucker is going on the wall. Can you find all of the names/words?

2 comments:

Queen B said...

I see Poo :)

and QNB... assume that's short for Queen B!

Paula said...

That is the coolest idea!!!!!!