Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thoughts on the Super Bowl

Wow, I only took 3 pictures...on my phone. (Alex taking a pre-game nap, a football shaped Oreo on top of the pool, and the odd attire worn by the commentators - purple and pink ties? Really?)
Wow, I ate a LOT.
Juan Pollo potato salad, while oddly containing carrots, is really good. Just not as good as Shades' Brother's. Which I'm sure isn't as good as their mom's.
My mom's house is a great location for family gatherings. She's totally hosting Super Bowl every year.
Alex and Tony are finally old enough that I can relax and have fun while everyone else plays with them.
Shades ran a fun pool, even if I didn't win and won't get North Woods Inn.
Shades' new nickname is Shrek.
Was it really Striker that sat and watched the ENTIRE game, commercials, AND halftime?! I think 3 out of the 15 of us did. He had the very important job of keeping the official score for the pool. Shades was grilling.
Did I really skip halftime to run to the store with the Lils? Can I really call women in their mid-twenties Lils? Given the Facebook commentary, it appears skipping the halftime show was a good choice.
My plan to skip the first half and talk to the familia de Shades and catch the important parts (screw ups and good commercials) on YouTube later was genius!
The weather today was awesome!
The second half of the game (which is all that I watched) was really good. The commercials that I saw? Not so much.
Yay! Green Bay won!!!

No comments: