Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Love My Nook Color

I've already read 2 "quick read" books on it and a couple children's books for Alex and Tony. I love that it's wi-fi, tablet-like (allegedly I can do some hocus pocus stuff and make that happen), user friendly, intuitive, AND a touch screen. This is my gateway device to a touch screen smartphone. I think. I'm just significantly slower on a touchscreen keyboard than my trusty BlackBerry keys. Did I mention that it's Android based? I slapped an anti-glare screen protector and a hot pink silicone cover on it to protect it from my life. I plan to sew my own pouch for it so that it doesn't get squished in transit somewhere, is exactly what I want, and costs me less than $30-50. I was able to read while getting a pedicure today and for the last 2 nights in bed while Striker slept peacefully, not bothered by a light. After reading "Not Ready for Mom Jeans" and "Sh*t My Dad Says", I'm going to
go for something with a little more substance next, though I did literally laugh out loud at parts of each of them. Highly recommend them for some light, feel good reading. Oh, and have I mentioned that I love my Nook Color? I feel so gadgety and "with it" again. (Insert happy sigh of glee here).

No comments: