Friday, February 12, 2010

Murphy's Haircut

How today's schedule was supposed to go:
10 pick up Edible Arrangement
10:15 pick up Striker's meds
10:45 pick up lunch
11 eat lunch/feed boys
11:30 Costco
1:00 hair cut at home (love stylists that make house calls)
3:30 KFuj's for cupcake baking/decorating
5:40 Family pictures at JC Penney
7:30 Olympic Opening Ceremony while finishing favors and gifts for Kyle and KFuj

All was on schedule until 1. Jason got caught in President's Day weekend/Valentines Day weekend/weekend traffic and didn't arrive until 2:30. Realizing I was NOT making it to KFuj's, I began baking 4 boxes of cupcakes at 2:15 and coordinating pick up of cupcakes and decorating materials for 3:30. Jason cut Striker's hair while I baked. 3:30 pick up became 4ish. Gave Jason a deadline of needing camera ready hair by 5:20 with specific instructions that he was to give me quick and easy non-mom hair...no pressure. Made panicked phone call to my mom asking for back up. While I can get myself and boys ready in under 2 hours while solo, Striker is not experienced in doing do, and I was getting my haircut until the 11th hour. Jason refused to talk me thru haircut and just started chopping...mild panic attack occurred. Mom arrived, Striker got ready, Jason finished AWESOME haircut, and we were
out the door without a minute to spare! Mom stays behind and takes care of every single chore I'd have had to do when I got home...seriously, she's AMAZING...I think Striker called her Wonder Woman when she changed the sheets on our bed while getting the boys ready.

Arrived at JC Penney for photo session...boys start crying because they're hungry...feed them their bottles. There's 1 picture I LOVE and several that I like. Yay!

Pick up Pei Wei, put boys to bed, wait, and wait, and wait for Opening Ceremonies to start. Anti-climatic and rather lame ceremonies put Striker to sleep. I start blogging about my crazy day instead of finishing making and wrapping KFuj's gifts...decide I'll go to bed and finish everything around 2:30 AM when the boys wake up...wish me luck!

Murphy's Law, you suck!

This message has been sent using the picture and Video service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher is required.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

BEAUTIFUL... just beautiful! ;D

LoSpace said...

Your hair looks great!! Seriously awesome. Agree on Murphy's Law, and scheduling with even 1 baby was a challenge and a chore, so I applaud your efforts with 2. Also, send your mom my way when she has a free minute. She sounds fantabulous!

Queen B said...

you look great! mommyhood agrees with you :) can't wait to see the pics

Ruth Anne said...

love the haircut.

and your face is looking incredibly skinny