Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gotta Love Technology!

I was visiting friends yesterday whose parents happen to live in a gated community. Typically gated communities are a hassle (even this one) but yesterday I was quite pleased with my experience.

I pulled up to the gate and had the following conversation with the guard:
Guard: Hi, how can I help you?
Me: I'm going to the (insert last name of family here) residence.
Guard: There are two (insert last name of family here) families.
Me: (Insert first names of parents here)
Guard: Ok, and your name?
Me: Jennifer (Yes, when I am asked my name, I say Jennifer 95% of the time)
Guard: Here you go.

And she hands me this:



The blacked out information is the address of the house I was going to and my license plate number which was picked up by the fancy license plate camera. (Please note the correct spelling of Jenn AND the directions to the house - how cool is that?!)

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

the directions are the coolest!!!

Arent you being respectful of the people you visted....even hiding their names. Are they famous? lol

Queen B said...

how cute :)

Kim - no, she has learned some of the Queenly precautions for having your whole life out on the internet :)

Jenn Ann said...

Is it odd that I credited Jane with my idea for confidentiality and not QB? (I'm sorry, QB!)

Jane said...

Jane loves getting credit

karinski said...

I was even impressed by their pass updates. That and the pass was valid for about ten days! Not just for one!

Bianka said...

COOL you could have visited the next day and the next and the next and the next and the next and the next.....