Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Raining...

On Friday - after getting off work a few hours early, YAY! - Pickle and I headed to Ikea. Between the two of us, we didn't do too much damage - although I did find a cabinet that I've added to my wish list of furniture for the house...

We loaded up our findings...
For me:
Storage boxes
Picture frame
Under cabinet wine glass racks

For Pickle:
Really big mirror
Pillow
Random Bowl
Spatula/Flipper thing
Multiple picture frames

And headed for the door, only to discover that it was raining...

As the driver of the Ikea approved vehicle, I walked briskly through the rain in my flip flops and short sleeved shirt to find that the idiot parked next to me on the driver's side was WAY too close, so in a hurry I climbed through the passenger side.

Then I made the relatively short drive to the pick up area and was almost involved in 3 separate car accidents because people in CA are worse drivers that usual when it's raining, especially if it's raining hard enough to require windshield wipers to be constantly on. None of the near accidents were my fault, I swear!

Alas, there are not photos of my frolic in the rain because I don't believe that Mr. Pearl is waterproof.

At least the rainy day ended on a good note - Pickle and I had a tasty dinner at Claim Jumper...yes, I had my bread bowl! :)

8 comments:

Bianka said...

That's one thing I will miss about Florida.. people out here know how to drive in the rain! And every rain drop isn't classified as a storm watch! Then again, it rains pretty much every day from June - September.

Kim Thomas said...

mmmmm.....Claimjumper bread bowl sounds delicious right now! I would probably do the clam chowder.

I love the rain!!!!! just not when I am shopping at Ikea or Costco.

Queen B said...

I myself was at Ikea today to pick up a flower pot. The highlight of my trip was getting to tell off the lady who had her son cut in line. You know the queen could not allow that sin to go unpunished!

Andrea said...

IKEA - Possibly one of the best places on earth (aside from Target). I spent Saturday putting together my IKEA shelves, of which I took lots of pictures only to delete them all so that I could take pictures at Carnaval. Last time I was there I bought a 12 piece set of dishes for $3.99.... you just can't pass something like that up!!

Also, I HATE it when people park so close that you can't get into your own car. Come on folks, have a little consideration for the rest of the world!!

Paula said...

I've never been to IKEA. They just opened one in Cincinnati. The playgroup mom's are planning a mom's day out to go up there. I can't wait to see it!

Jinjer said...

Ikea is a ton of fun. Especially after you check out and you get the nonfat frozen yogurt icecream cone for 99 cents! Those are dee-licious even when it is raining outside!

Anonymous said...

I love the candles and cookies from Ikea!

Jane said...

I have that really big mirror. Cant find a wall in the new house to hang it so its "hanging out" in the gargage