Friday, May 30, 2008

Kindred Spirits

While driving with the hubby to go bowling on Sunday, I took a picture of a few license plates, including this one (yes, it's IMAGIN3):

We pulled up to a traffic light and the driver's door of the car next to us opened. (In case you are wondering, the driver opted to open the door rather than roll down his window because he had one of those roll up shades typically used for children/infants or by Asian people.) The little old man - whom I believed to be a Veteran by the bumper stickers on his car - leans out and waits for me to roll down the window...

Little Old Man: I get the H2O, but what does CPA mean?
Hubby: (thinks for a second) Oh, it means Certified Public Accountant - I'm an accountant for a water district.
LOM: Oh, I get it! (rolls up window, drives off chuckling)
Hubby and I: (Laughing hysterically)
Me: Catch him! I need a picture of his Prius!

Happy belated Memorial Day, Mr. Veteran-Fellow-License-Plate-Lover!

8 comments:

Jinjer said...

That's awesome. I had NO idea that your hubby had H2OCPA on his plate?? That's a good one!!

Queen B said...

too funny! If only you'd had more time, you could have taught him about discrete photography and blogging!

Kim Thomas said...

IMAGIN3 needs to imagine himself in a new vehicle

Ruth Anne said...

I love his boldness. Sometimes I wish I could ask the driver what their plate means.

Andrea said...

Ruth Anne - I'm with you. I don't get a lot of them, although it is a good way to break up the monotany when driving into work sometimes!!

Paula said...

I love personalized plates....I need to get a pic of my mom's for y'all.

Ann said...

Nice!

Jane said...

Ive decided this is a hard collection to get. You have to be like paparazzi