Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Graduation Nicole!

In lieu of making us all sit in the sun baking to watch my sister walk across the stage in a group of hundreds of people earning their Sociology degrees from Cal State Fullerton this year, my sister opted to go to the Angels vs. Dodgers game yesterday.

My sister is a Dodgers fan. The rest of the family are Angels fans. My sister and uncle made a bet - whichever team lost, the corresponding fan of that team would have to put the logo of the winning team on their car/truck. The Dodgers won, so my sister is now searching for the largest sticker ever made to slap on my uncle's truck (sorry KT).

Nothing like car photography...

Or stadium photography courtesy of Mr. Pearl:

The woman on the left is the reason that I contemplated ripping off my ears several times during the game:

She spent the ENTIRE game gossiping about other people gossiping and causing drama. She seriously did not shut up. In fact, the girl in the middle was one of the women she spent the first half of the game talking crap about (they were in a group of 6 and the lady in the middle had been at the opposite end of the group).

And possibly the biggest rip-off on the planet:

A 5x7 print is $10.99 and one of the more curious items offered is a 13x16 Frame with 24KT Gold Overlay Team Coin & Minted Bronze Coin with Field Dirt for $149.99.

The hubby was happy to partake in their faux Dippin' Dots:

When attending baseball games, I tend to spend the majority of my time eating stadium food, yesterday was my typical food fest: hot dog, peanuts, licorice rope, faux dippin dots, portion of pretzel, and several bottles of water (and yes, I'm aware that Anaheim Stadium should be shut down by the health board - I figured if Queen B could survive eating in Mexico for 8 days, I could survive a buffet at the rat infested stadium).

The most memorable part of the day was in the parking lot when we were leaving. There were two particular vehicles of complete idiots. The first was a Toyota Tundra that cut off the hubby and almost took off the front bumper of my precious Pilot. The hubby had to flip into reverse to avoid the scraping of paint. After this occurred, we were sandwiched in next to the passenger side window of the Tundra allowing my aunt and the passenger to exchange words. :)

Then there was this idiot:

The self-proclaimed bandwagon jumper a la his bumper sticker (sorry again KT), was a complete jerk (and believed to be heavily intoxicated). When pulling out of his parking spot to force his way into the line of cars exiting, he scraped the rear fender/bumper of another truck. The Avalanche Idiot then proceeded to stop his truck in the middle of the lane to get out and exchange words with the owner of the other truck. The hubby honked his horn to motion for the AI to pull back into the spot he had just vacated so that we could pass. AI flipped hubby off and told him to drive around. This resulted in the hubby making a maneuver that could have easily scraped paint off of AI's other bumper and my aunt exchanging a few words with AI.

Things I learned yesterday:
-Sitting at a baseball game is not much better than sitting at a graduation ceremony when it's 100 degrees outside (even if you are in the shade).
-Baseball games are great for people watching and blog material.
-My stomach can still handle food fests :)
-My aunt should probably be forced to sit in the back seat behind dark tinted windows on our next outing that will undoubtedly involve idiots

8 comments:

Captain Will said...

What is this? They were FAUX dippin dots?? I should have known because they didn't quite taste the same. I thought it was just because they were melting. Then again, that should have been another sign. It seems like dippin dots are incapable of melting (at least it takes them a long time to melt). Oh well, they were still good on a hot day.

Kim Thomas said...

First off this is the longest post ever!

Second, I read the whole thing

Third, your sister is the coolest ever! Getting to avoid a graduation is awesome!

Unknown said...

I AM the COOLEST sistor ever!!

Thanks KT!!

Queen B said...

RO! When I saw yesterday that you were going to the bball game, I was hoping for a recap. I didn't expect such a thorough one, but it was highly entertaining. I feel like I was there with you, even without getting to bbm exchange :(

Ann said...

JennAnn: I LOVE your aunt! :)

Congrats to your cool sister!

Bianka said...

I think you should post the sordid details of everything auntie said. :)

Yay for sistor! Congrats!

Jane said...

1. Love the Pearl
2. Love graduation posts: another great news graduation story

http://michellejanhall.blogspot.com/2008/04/finishing-class-day.html

Paula said...

Congrats to the grad! Much more fun way to spend the time than at a ceremony!