Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Recap

I stole this from Queen B - see her post to see who else it was stolen from :)

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’ve never done before?
Became a mom after spending 5 months (almost exactly) on bed rest and not working...very odd concept for me. I also spent more time cooking than ever before and took better care of Striker (I think).

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I thought for sure that I made a 2009 Resolution list...can't find one...hmmm. Will make 2010 resolutions in a later post.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me! Can't get closer than that!!! Seems like almost everyone I know is currently pregnant though.


4. Did anyone close to you die?


Not really, but attended 2 funerals for family members of close friends.


5. What countries did you visit?
None. Spending half the year in my house sort of prohibited travel, though I did make it to Michigan, Arizona, and Nevada. Yes, I realize those are states. ;)


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Freedom to leave my house and exercise. Yes, I said exercise.


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
4/9 & 14 very important days for Alex & Tony ;)
7/8 because it was the last day I worked in 2009
12/7 because I got the 2 greatest gifts EVER
12/9 because it was Striker's 30th birthday (spent in the hospital)


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

A healthy Alex and Tony that avoided the NICU and got to come home with me after avoiding any additional complications and hospital bed rest. (And proving that stupid nurse wrong - still bitter).


9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmm, nothing to list. Lots of tests this year and I'm proud of how I changed and grew as a person.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does the C-section count? What about months of injections? Otherwise, no.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
The 3rd round of IVF and all of the doctor/hospital co-pays.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine...I'm proud of myself...deal with it ;)


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


Tiger Woods and John Gosselin, lol...stealing this from the Queen...were it not for them, I'd have had far less entertainment while on bed rest though!


14. Where did most of your money go?
Alex and Tony...pretty sure this will be a repeat answer for the next 18-25 years...


15. What did you get really excited about?
All events leading up to 12/7 and all of those after (are you sensing a trend?)


16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Stealing ABBA's answer...Miley Cyrus or Lady Gaga


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

- happier or sadder? Happier...a billion times over. Was definitely not in a happy place this time last year (despite purchase of annual admission to the happiest place on earth) KT, we need to make a new commitment after Katherine is old enough to start going...
- thinner or fatter? fatter by only 5 pounds...so close to my pre-pregnancy weight...but that was still higher than I'd like thanks to the IVF process...I will be thinner by my birthday for sure!
- richer or poorer? Have not worked in 6 months, but so much richer in happiness!


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Blog...my post count was significantly lower this year.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Sitting on my butt...but it was worth it!


20. How did you spend Christmas?

At our house with family...it was an Italian Christmas...no Henrys this year. :(

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
everyday...even more on 12/7!


22. What was your favorite TV program?
24...possibly my next greatest accomplishment was watching all 7 seasons in 2009


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


nah..... no hate


24. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm...The FBI series by Catherine Coulter...it passed time while on bed rest...thanks Queen B for the recommendation.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Anton's naming himself


26. What did you want and get?
Alex and Tony...only asked for 1, but got a 2fer!


27. What did you want and not get?
Hmmm...sleep?

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hangover...I saw more movies this year than in the last 10 combined!


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Glad I recapped here. March was a lifetime ago!


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
winning the lottery


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Maternity/bed rest/new mom...stylish, I know ;)


32. What kept you sane?
Striker


33. Who did you miss?
Just about everyone....I don't get out much


34. Who was the best new person you met?


Alex and Tony...don't make me choose ;)


35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

All By Myself...don't want to be...All by myself

5 comments:

Queen B said...

you're aware you skipped a bunch? I assume this was interrupted? ;)

I'm glad your answer to #10 was not "just the big bruise the Queen left after her single injection" :)

Jenn Ann said...

The Queen was correct...I typed one handed to get it done :)

I had many injection inflicted bruises. Thankfully the nerve damage was not permanent ;)

Captain Will said...

You definitely took great care of me! I just hope I can return the favor to you and the boys.

Captain Will said...

Oh, and since you were in Detroit, you were right across the river from Canada, so I say that's close enough

Jane said...

Cant wait to meet those boys!!