Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Lights Part I

On Saturday night, Striker and I headed off to Rancho Cucamonga to look at Christmas lights. The specific coordinates were highly recommended by several of his co-workers so we set off to see what it was all about. We were not disappointed! (The general vicinity is Sapphire and Thoroughbred Lane in case you happen to be in the area.) We plan to make this an annual event.


Even the family pets get in on the festivities:Striker voted this house "Best LEDs":
This one was voted "Best Roof Decor":
Best Garage Decor:
Several homes sold hot chocolate, churros, and cookies...this sign was actually on a cone in the middle of the street - they earned bonus points!
This house might have been the biggest demonstration of "Christmas Throwing Up" - this has become a popular term for mass decoration - I promise!
LOVED the reindeer and Santa that mooned us - their rear ends moved side to side as they shook what their mama's gave 'em!
This house had a horse theme...we thought that my mother in law would particularly like this one since she's a horse lover...
I made Striker take a picture with Surfer Santa...
After all, we are in California!

2 comments:

Queen B said...

WOW! this looks like fun! makes me feel inadequate for my lack of external lighting. inside our house is beautiful, outside not so much. I don't get to enjoy anything that's external ;)

Kim Thomas said...

Love it! I need to start a tradition like this with David and Sydney.