Wednesday, January 21, 2009

LAX Adventures

I made three trips to LAX this weekend.

The first was to pick up Queen B at terminal 4. It was a very uneventful trip and my arrival was timed perfectly as it coincided with the Queen exiting the door to the baggage claim as I pulled up to the curb.

My second trip was to pick up ABBA at terminal 1. After much debate, I left for the airport earlier than I had for my first trip since it was Friday during rush hour. When I arrived I was stopped by airport security to have my car searched. Of course, this is the first time in all of my airport trips that this has ever happened! Good thing I was early! Unfortunately, their "thorough" search took less than a minute and I was still SUPER early. I made several laps and waited for ABBA's arrival. And then I saw ABBA holding her HCBC sign and all was right in the world!

My third trip was to return the Queen and ABBA, with their synchronized departure times. Of course I made the mistake of taking the "Arrivals" ramp, so they also got a bonus scenic tour of LAX. : )

Miss y'all!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for playing personal taxi-driver!!

Paula said...

how clever with the sign! Does LAX not have a cell phone waiting lot?

Queen B said...

miss you, too! love the sign :)

KFuj said...

I'm not a fan of LAX. I love Ontario and Long Beach, they are super easy, with Starbucks nearby.

Kim Thomas said...

I can't believe that you got your car searched. (How did I not hear about that)

Andrea's sign rocks!