Sunday, January 11, 2009

Online Pizza Ordering

Striker refuses to phone in our order for pizza. He's been ordering online for years, but has run into a problem since we moved to a new development almost 2 years ago-our address is not found when he types it in.

A few months ago he emailed a complaint to Papa John's and they promptly added our address to their database. Success!

Friday night Papa John's website was down - crisis! Striker headed over to Pizza Hut's site, which of course, was not able to locate our address. He then wrote the following email:

I have lived in my home for two years and your website still cannot locate me. I only do online ordering because most people I call don't understand English well enough to take my order correctly. How long do I have to wait to get my location online so I can order on the website?
 
Will Kolbow, CPA

We ended up ordering from Dominos...but that's a post for another day....

7 comments:

Paula said...

I find this shocking that a pizza delivery place hasn't updated it's system for 2 years!! That's bad for business!

Kim Thomas said...

Don't get me started! Pizza hut suddenly stopped allowing delivery to my house about 1.5 years ago. I just figured out yesterday it was because of the North (they don't like it) I dropped it and got a delivery...finally.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame him! Ordering over the phone is just irritating! First they put you on hold(okay why would you risk losing a sale),then they ask all these questions before they let you order the pizza!! But that's just my experience with Papa Johns.

Andrea said...

I'm all for the online order. I wish there were 1. more places around me that even delivered and 2. let me order on line.

Queen B said...

funny. I do enjoy online ordering, though Little Caesar's number is programmed into my phone. Everyone who works there is 16, and they understand me just fine.

My house in Phoenix was 5 years old and not in the Pizza Hut system.

Ruth Anne said...

I really love online ordering from papa johns!

Paula said...

I just realized...I have never ordered food delivery online. Never. Then again, I've not experienced any of the problems you've mentioned when ordering over the phone, so I guess I've not really needed to worry about it.