Monday, January 5, 2009

Mommy, Keep Us Warm!

When the alarm clock went off at 5:30 this morning (and I reached over to hit snooze), I saw that it was only 36 degrees outside and that Oskar and Felix were cold!

In case you can't identify my shape under the covers, I am laying on my left side and Felix (the cat) is snuggled behind my knees. Oskar of course is warming my ankles - he got warm when the heater kicked on and moved out from under the covers.

Prior to the heater kicking it up a notch (it's the only way I will actually get out from under the covers, and yes it's timed to match the alarm clock) Oskar was curled against my belly under the covers.

This is their standard sleeping position - Oskar on my left and Felix on my right. Depending on the temperature, Felix is either touching me or at the foot of the bed (love my Cal King!) and Oskar is either over/under the covers.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I thought you were in Southern California? Why is it so cold down there? I thought it was always sunshine and palm trees!!

Sydney Thomas said...

I used to sleep with my mom but she kicked me out.

Ruth Anne said...

I can't believe you can sleep like that.