Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quaking and Shaking Part Deux

Do not be alarmed! Yes, there was a 4.5 magnitude earthquake this evening and a 3.3 aftershock, but if I hadn't been lying in bed watching TV, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

For those of you visiting So Cal next week, the odds are in your favor that we won't have another quake while you're here. After all, our last one of significant size was in July, and that was pretty uneventful.

For those of you who obsess about such things, you can get regular updates on all the things shakin' here. And don't let me know if you're really freaked out by earthquakes, because I might accidentally shake your chair or something. :)

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

The one in July happened while I was on my way to Sushi Roku. I wish I was on my way to Sushi Roku today.

Bianka said...

Felt it, but didn't pay any attention. We're used to these things out here. :)

The one in July was fun. We had just moved back to California and it was John's first earthquake. You'd have thought it was armegeddon.

Ruth Anne said...

so not cool. I guess you just get used to it, like all the tornado warnings in Wisconsin forcing the college to hide in the basement.

(Thinking back, that was weird.)

Still have never been in one.

Andrea said...

Ugh, hadn't thought about this! I'm from hurricane country where you have a week to get ready for it!

Andrea said...

The last quake I was in I was at a sports restaurant and Sam just asked me to not sit under the giant television that was swaying back and forth over my head.

My first completely freaked me out, though...even though it was a VERY minor one.

Bianka said...

Jenn.. I have grand ideas for freaking out all of the non-natives. :)