Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I will lose my Staples weight 1/8

Whenever someone new starts at Staples, I GUARANTEE that they will gain 10 pounds within their first year. I'm pretty sure that I haven't been wrong. Those that have insisted they wouldn't EVER let it happen, later tell me that they gained 15. We aren't a bunch of fat asses, we just work insanely long hours and use our lunch hour to get out of the office and vent...usually at a fast food or sit down restaurant. In addition, we keep a nice stash of snacks in our desks in the event that we are unable to leave because of some unforeseen office supply crisis. Then there are those of us that are stress eaters. Fatty snacks last much longer and satisfy the continual need to shove food into one's face when stressed (chips, candy, caramel corn, baked goods etc.)

I've worked at Staples since 1999. The first 2 years were spent running around a retail store, so I managed to only gain about 10 pounds total during that time, despite the fact that I lived pretty much entirely on fast food as I went from working full time during the day, immediately to CSUF all night (also a full time student). Then I transferred to SBA...and the fat fest began!!! Since then I've averaged a gain of about 10 pounds a year...

I decided over Thanksgiving weekend to scan all of the old photos of my mom, sister, and I and compile them into a slideshow DVD for my mom (and me, but I get to designate it as a gift for the woman who has everything). I came across the photo that is in my photos that is clearly of a smaller and very fit me. I spent December rather depressed over my girth. I tend to be fairly good at "new year's resolutions" because I consider them lifestyle changes (I gave up soda two years ago), so I decided to join a gym in January, and thus begins this series of blogs...

1 comment:

Kim Thomas said...

I am working on a plan to lose my PSC weight as well. Since taking this job and eating out all the time I have gained way too many pounds to post on the internet.