Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Update

Last night I worked until 7 and then went to the gym on my way home...how's that for dedication? Happily I was able to keep the RPMs on the bike above 90 for the duration of my ride (the first 15 minutes of Nanny 911), then I walked on the treadmill at a pretty good incline for 10 minutes, then crunches until my sides and tummy about caught on fire they were burning so bad. Then I thought I'd give the elliptical a ride since I couldn't find the machine Matt's mom calls "The Nasty" (she's the wonderful woman who wears bike shorts under her skirts so her thighs don't rub together). Gleefully I found that I was able to survive much longer than I did the prior Friday. LAT has clearly done his job. I'm down a size in jeans and I had to buy new workout pants because my initial batch have started to slide down while I work out (and I'm not trying to show off my underwear).

Funny story...my aunt (who is both blonde AND left-handed) stops to get gas today in her fairly new car with both my uncle and my mom in the car with her. They pull up to the pump so that it is on the driver's side (normal for most cars, but not this one). My uncle reminds her that the tank is on the other side, so what does she do? Turn the car around? Well sort of, she flips a u-turn around the island and pulls up to the other side of the same pump, still on the driver's side of the car. I wish I had a visual...hopefully that made sense.

We went and cancelled the purchasing agreement of the "new" house today. I also found a bunch of furniture at Pier 1 that we'll be going to buy tomorrow. I'll be posting a lot of the hand-me-downs and Ikea stuff on Craigs List tonight/tomorrow as well. I'm going to "re-decorate" pretty much every room. We've only been there 2 years, but it was all decorated for the most part with a bunch of cheap stuff in sort of a hodge-podge of styles. Everything is going to be shades of blue and brown...except for our master bath which I painted gray(currently with black rugs that allow my cat to camoflauge)....that will be gray and navy. I've kicked/stepped on the cat so many times that I just can't keep the black rugs anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, i had no idea when i asked you today that you cancelled the purchasing agreement. bad timing on my part. :(