Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cool Product!!


In less then 2 weeks, I will be unable to wash my hair for a minimum of 7 days. For someone that washes her hair daily, I was grossed out just thinking of what my hair would look like after just 2 days, much less 7!

Having been hospitalized before, I had heard of using baby powder or cornstarch to soak up the greasy oil. Not really effective, but this method is better than nothing in a pinch.

I searched Google and initially found no rinse "shampoo" that was powdery. Since that sounded about as effective as baby powder I kept searching. Eventually I would find what I was looking for on a medical supply website.

It was NOT easy to find. I had to go to several medical supply sites before I found it. I searched Google using keywords like "no-rinse", "without water", "no water", "NASA" (I figured astronauts would probably need something like this and the NASA folks seem to be on top of technological advances :)), etc. NADA!!!

When I received my 4 bottles today (that was the minimum order amount, but again I was verging on desperate!), I chuckled when I read the bottle:
FRONT:
No-Rinse Shampoo
Ready to Use
Absolutely No Water Necessary
Soft, Clean, Manageable Hair Without Water
Just Apply, Lather, and Towel Dry
Hospital Tested and Approved
Leaves Hair Fresh, Clean and Odor-Free
BACK:
Used by NASA
Their phone number and website
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

It smells nice, so I'm hoping it does the trick. If it works well, I'm going to volunteer to head up their marketing department...obviously they don't have one! The product is reasonably priced so perhaps their lack of marketing is what keeps their costs down?

Also available in a package deal on Target.com but it's more pricey. To search for it on Target's website you have to only use "no rinse" not shampoo. SERIOUSLY?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muy interesting... curious as to what they mean by towel dry if there is no water involved... i guess the actual shampoo causes the wetness. yikes sounds confusing. but id much rather use that then not wash my hair or pour baby powder in it. can't wait to see a follow up blog on the results.

ehw.

Jane said...

How am I not in the know. Why wont you be able to wash your hair for 2 weeks.

Regardless, cool product :)

Anonymous said...

I'm also confused on the towel dry....

Kim Thomas said...

Whats the day? I didn't realize it was this close.

Kim Thomas said...

I answered my own question by going to the other blog.

Ann said...

Good luck, JennAnn. Let us know how it goes, and how the shampoo works!

Bianka said...

Is it gross that I only wash my hair once, sometimes twice, a week? It seems to stay clean that long, and I've never had any complaints..

Queen B said...

Keep us posted on how it works. I'm really interested in no-rinse shampoo.

Funny how baby powder addresses both ants and dirty hair...