Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Internet Crisis - Part 2

My Internet was down AGAIN last night!!! We're averaging one full day per month. (You can read about my last Internet Crisis here.)

My Internet was intermittently down all weekend. This meant that I didn't dare start the tests
for any of my online classes as you only get one try to complete them. Last night the connection wasn't even intermittent. Thankfully it was back up this morning before work...cross your fingers that it stays up. I'm taking no chances and will be completing my assignments/exams at alternate locations today. So annoyed!!!

The hubby when to our HOA meeting last night and learned that our fiber optic connection receives the signal via Verizon satellite. VERIZON INTERNET SUCKS!!!! At least this has been my experience...that is why we got DSL Extreme in Moreno Valley (LOVE THEM!). I told the hubby I wanted to pay additional for DSL Extreme so that I can have reliable connectivity, but he doesn't think we can with the stupid fiber optic wiring. GRRR!!!

2 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

This reminds me of my ever so brief stint with Aldelphia Cable. It seriously lasted for less than two weeks but it did last longer than then the Piece of Crap Moxy DVR I received from Charter last year. (Which managed to stay hooked up in my house for less than 24 hours)

Ruth Anne said...

I have been lucky with Cox so far.

My only problem is that the wire was put in the house before us, so it runs under the carpet. It has a broken end, so every once and a while it says we have no internet, I just have to plug it back in.