Sunday, September 9, 2007

I HATE ANTS!!!

My wonderful new house is being invaded by ants. They have managed to attack EVERY single room. I've spent a fortune in Raid and bait traps that aren't working. One of my friends suggested that I use baby powder to try and get rid of the little suckers. I did, and IT WORKS!!! I'd much rather use something that is safe for humans and pets than stinky chemicals. And the only side effect (other than having "snow" along your baseboards) is the lovely scent of baby powder. Windex works wonderfully on glass (yes I had a trail across my bathroom mirror), as it doubles as cleaning :)

For more info:
How to get rid of ants

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

My grandmothers house was always full of ants. Glad I don't have this problem.

Ann said...

I had this problem, and was concerned about my pets with all the chemicals to kill the ants. We use crushed red pepper outside all our door jambs coming into the house to stop them. Now we actually have a line of the stuff all around our house, and they don't come in any more!

Queen B said...

that is amazing advice on the baby powder!

When I was in my first apartment, I came home one evening to find my front entryway carpet moving... TONS of ants had invaded. They were also in the study, on their way to taking over the whole apartment.

So what do I do... I call emergency maintenance, of course! They were not really very interested in my ant problem. Had the husband not been around, I think I would've checked into a hotel :) He was smart enough to spray and then vacuum!

Unknown said...

oh.....jenn...i'm so glad i'm not the only one with a new house AND ants. you'd think they'd let us settle in for a while at least?

Jane said...

It is amazing how annoying the littlest creatures can be!

Great solution

Teri said...

I thought baby powder was only used when you had a terrible rash.

I love extra uses of household products. I wonder how many other people know this secret.