Monday, September 17, 2007

You know you're old when...

I will now copy and paste an email I received from the dear hubby today:

Okay, so on my lunch break today, I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I looked up my old schools. These are definitely signs of getting old…

High School: I recognized some of the teachers’ names, but I only saw one or two that I had.
Middle School: There is ONE of my teachers remaining, and she looked old when I had her in 8th grade
Elementary School: I did not recognize one member of the faculty! No teachers, no administrative staff, nothing! The only person that remains is the crossing guard, and she has to be pushing 90 at this point!

Do you realize it has been 16 years since I was in elementary school?


I think that I am better off than the hubby on this one. I know for certain that there are at least a few teachers still teaching at the schools I went to. HOWEVER, it does make me feel old when people that I went to school with are TEACHING at those same schools.

8 comments:

Ann said...

16 years since elementary school??? How jealous am I right now? Wait until it's 20 years since high school!

Ruth Anne said...

It is funny to see the new teachers at my daughter's school. They look so young.

Queen B said...

y'all are young 'uns :)

Kim Thomas said...

15 years since I was in High School....ugh

Queen B said...

UGH - I'm not happy with your random picture of my University! There is actually a great reason that the plywood is on the inside of the windows. The frame is not strong enough to support the wood, so it's on the inside (where it's sturdier) to protect the merchandise. Windows are not too expensive to replace. Smart Aggie thinking, coming from a school specializing in engineering.

Queen B said...

More Info: http://www.snopes.com/katrina/photos/aggie.asp

Jenn Ann said...

LOL - I am sorry Queen B - I type corrected :)

Jane said...

We all get better with age!