Sunday, October 14, 2007

Medical Math

Rachel came and visited me yesterday and we thought of a fun blog topic - "Guess the total of Jenn's medical bills". Now not everything has been billed yet, but we thought it would be fun if everyone made a guess...perhaps I'll even dig up a prize for the winner.

Items to be billed June - December 2007:
2 CT Scans
5 MRIs
3 Office Visits with neurosurgeon
3 Office Visits with regular doctor (pre-op physical, staple removal, follow-up/release to return to work)
1 Brain Surgery (I was under for 6 hours and spent an hour in recovery)
4 days in hospital (2 as ICU patient and 2 as a regular patient, though I did stay in the ICU room)

For the purposes of declaring a winner I will only be calculating charges for the items listed above. Make your best guess now!! I should have most of the amounts within a few weeks but I won't be able to get a final total until January though.

11 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

15 grand!

Ann said...

Even though I think this is a bit morbid, I'll take a stab: $24K

Anonymous said...

$83,333 and yes you are worth every penny!!

Jenn Ann said...

My mom aka Barbie is in the right range (I think). MRIs are about $4k each! It's all going to come down to what the surgery and ICU stay cost.

Anonymous said...

Well, considering ICU costs are about 20k to 30k per day, I am going to say about $90,000.

Anonymous said...

125,000

EHW

Anonymous said...

150,000

Rachel said...

Now when we talked abuot this I didn't realize you were including the MRI's and stuff. I say, $165,000.

Rachel said...

15 grand Ruth Ann? LOL!

Kim Thomas said...

I am going to play this like the Price Is Right and say $165,001

Rachel said...

What you can't do that Kim! You suck!