Monday, October 1, 2007

Random Pondering of the Hubby

We were eating brunch at the Ontario Airport Saturday morning at Applebee's when Will shares this pondering...

Hubby: "Why isn't cantaloupe a melon?"
Me: "What?"
Hubby: "There's watermelon, honeydew melon, and just plain melon. Why not cantamelon?"

This is the guy you've all come to love (if you didn't already)! :)

These are the reasons I love him. Sorry there are no photos...the cell camera is still broken :( I'll send the hubby out to have it fixed after tomorrow's mass-texting.

10 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

This is a fantastic question and definitely a good blog topic!

From now on I will ALWAYS refer to it as cantamelon no matter what the situation or company is!!!! I encourage everyone to play!

P.S. Good Luck tomorrow!

Queen B said...

ha! so thought-provoking!

Ann said...

Cantamelon it is!

Ruth Anne said...

I love the new word!

Rachel said...

MISS YOU JENN!

Unknown said...

brotha has stooped to my level..this is exactly something i would say....

Jane said...

I love new words, make sure you put it in wikipedia

Teri said...

Another weird fruit blog, ha ha

Queen B said...

miss my Jenn :( hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I decided to Google cantamelon, and it returns 155 hits. On one of those sites, I came upon this quote"

"...I was in our local organic market buying cantamelon (a cross between honeydew and cantalope)..."

So there IS such a thing...I'll have to check it out at Whole Foods or something...